Monday, July 11, 2011

Title Pending

I dream.
The hot fire of life spills from my veins under snow white cloth
It drips from me, the seconds, the minutes, the hours.
Blood.
First there was Blood.

Thunder rumbles mightily around me while Lightening cracks his wicked whip.
With a sort of wonder I glance around me.
What I have always feared I suddenly admire.
So great and powerful is the storm, like a savage god,
Who picks of us likes grapes on a plate.
Then there was Rain.

My clothes Stick wetly to me and my hair clings to my back
An icy feeling comes over me
One from within.
The flames within, they die down
As they empty my hollow body.
The snowy cotton of my nightgown is damp
Pink with blood and rain.
When they find me, though they wash it,
It will never be the same.

Here I die sodden, wet, undignified,
In a way fitting such a sinner.
Damned forever for dying
But damned still while she was living.

Now is Death after Rain, after Blood.
Forever yours, Death, my only, my love.
Forever down under while my corpse is above.

No comments:

Post a Comment